Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Ballachulish Livingstons & Livingston USA
Posted by: John Livingston
Date: 06 July 2006

Hi Folks

I am still trying to ascertain whether anyone would have any information regarding the Livingstons of Ballachulish.  My great, great, great grandfather (James Ban Livingston) emmigrated from Scotland (Ballachulish) in 1852 on the Marco Polo to Australia.  He worked in the Ballachulish Quary, and was married to Ms Isabella nee Clark.  The both lived in Upper Laroch.  He also left behind a brother whom also worked in the slate quarry, John Ban Livingston.

I have also recently been informed that we were approached in around 1950 by a Livingston family in the USA, living in Livingston in the USA, whom were reportedly the descendants of the founder, reportedly a school teacher????  This family reported that they were related to us.  I have no further information relating to this.

Anyway - I would be greatful for any information or leads.  I intend to pursue the DNA project in the coming weeks, but in the interim, would be greatful for any insights.  Thanks folks, and look forward to hearing from you all soon,

John Livingston

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Ballachulish Livingstons & Livingston USA06 July 2006John Livingston
   Ballachulish Livingstons & Livingston USA06 July 2006Grant South
      Ballachulish Livingstons & Livingston USA06 July 2006Young Bachuil
         Ballachulish Livingstons & Livingston USA07 July 2006Grant South
      Ballachulish Livingstons & Livingston USA06 July 2006John Livingston
         Ballachulish Livingstons & Livingston USA07 July 2006Grant South

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage