Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?
Posted by: Kyle MacLea
Date: 20 July 2006

In appreciating all that Rob Livingston has done for us, I looked up some of his documented posts around the internet using my friend Google.  I saw a series of posts from 2000 which feature correspondence with a Michael D. Lee whose family name was spelled Lea up until the 1700s in North Carolina:

http://www.irishclans.com/cgi-bin/net.Thread.pl/message/4/1/176/50/2/2?user=&email=&depth=4&detail=description&lastread=7

Anyway, i thought I'd send out this post so any members of this Lee/Lea family can come here and discuss what they know of their genealogy.  Additionally, if they are interested, an introduction to the DNA project would be most welcome.

Of course, Lea may have originated from other names (as discussed in other threads) but if the name came from Scotland and might have originated with McLea, an addition to our DNA project and collective genealogy would be most welcome!

So, Michael D. Lee and other members of his family -- if you read this -- would you share something of yourselves?  Or if anyone else has been in contact with such a family, you should let them know that joining our forum and/our project would be most welcome!

Kyle=

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?20 July 2006Kyle MacLea
   Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?21 July 2006Bob Turcott
      Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?21 July 2006Andrew Lancaster
         Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?29 July 2006bob turcott
            Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?29 July 2006Kyle MacLea
               Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?31 July 2006Bob Turcott
                  Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?31 July 2006Kyle MacLea
      Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?21 July 2006Kyle MacLea
         Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?21 July 2006Andrew Lancaster
            Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?21 July 2006Kyle MacLea
               Looking for Lee family derived from Lea and possibly McLea?22 July 2006Andrew Lancaster

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage