Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Saying Hello
Posted by: Jon Mackley
Date: 30 August 2006

I thought I would drop a note to the forum to say hello. I’m very impressed by what I have found here. I think it’ll take me months to sift through the amount of information presented here.

My name is Jon Mackley – currently based in York, UK. I have been desperately been trying to find a link to Scotland through my name. I was at University in Stirling for four years and started doing some research on the McLea and Livingstone families, hoping to find a link. However, because of the record, my research flounders in Leicestershire in the 1600s. Still, even before I moved to Scotland, I felt that there was a link to Scotland. Call it hereditary memories if you will, or even an overactive imagination, but I have never been happier than when I was living in the Stirling area.

I’m particularly interested in saints, folklore and legend. Whether or not there is any truth in the legend, I believe it’s this reference to our ancestors that makes us who we are today – and if the story is a cracking good yarn with a few of the shining folk or witches thrown in for good measure, then all well and good!

I found a link on these pages to a witchcraft study at the University of Edinburgh and the database showed ‘Jonet Mackley – a ‘Stirling witch’ accused in 1658. 

Anyway, enough babble, I hope to be able to contribute to these pages, but if anyone can help me prove a link to the clans, I would be delighted.

Best wishes to you all,
Jon Mackley

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Saying Hello30 August 2006Jon Mackley
   Saying Hello31 August 2006Kyle MacLea
   Saying Hello31 August 2006Andrew Lancaster
   finding my ellen crowsley08 October 2007della foster

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage