Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Highland Livingstone book
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 11 October 2006

Hi All, 

From the published 1779 Argyll Census, baptism and marriage records and other sources we have a large number of names of Livingstones who lived on the Isle of Lismore, Movern, Mull and the adjacent areas in Argyll at one time under the Barons influence. 

Unfortunately many of these people and their families are just names to us, their children having for most part been forced from their farms, resettled elsewhere and subsequently departed from their homeland.

In memory of these Livingstones,I have thought it would be nice to keep a formal entry book at Bachuil recording and keeping track of settlement dates and locations of Livingstones in the 19th century who left the Baron's domain, whom we have some knowledge of. Unfortunately not everyone has this information, but in cases where we have such information it would be nice to have it formally recorded in an entry book and of course on the website as well. I know of a few including my ancestor and Rob's and there are a few more I think I could contribute. This would be a continual work in progress as slowly other Livingstones from Canada, U.S, Australia, New Zealand etc. are located with any settlement dates they could contribute to the entry book. Anyways it something I'd like to see happen and may be of interest to Alistair and Niall.

regards

Donald (Livingstone) Clink 

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Highland Livingstone book 11 October 2006Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Highland Livingstone book 11 October 2006Kyle MacLea
      Highland Livingstone book 12 October 2006Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Highland Livingstone book 14 October 2006Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Highland Livingstone book 14 October 2006Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Highland Livingstone book 15 October 2006Young Bachuil
            Highland Livingstone book 16 October 2006Donald (Livingstone) CLink