Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Highland Society of London Correspondence
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 30 November 2006

I have no idea where Highland Society of London tartan samples, particularly those collected from Highlanders in years 1815 through 1822 are located. As I have seen relatively recent photographs of a page and index and possibly a cover they must be around in some museum in Scotland.In any event the National Library of Scotland has a collection of Highland Society of London papers GB233/Acc.10615 which includes correspondence from 1801-1981. Who knows perhaps there is letter of response from Baron John Livingstone in this collection. If such a letter existed it might explain much regarding the status of Livingstone Clan tartan circa 1815 as far as the Baron was concerned and the origins of sample submitted. THere is no guarantee that this letter is there or for that matter that the Baron was contacted, but I am still hopefull. 

regards

Donald Livingstone Clink  

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Highland Society of London Correspondence30 November 2006Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Highland Society of London Correspondence30 November 2006Kyle MacLea
      Highland Society of London Correspondence03 December 2006Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Highland Society of London Correspondence03 December 2006J. Stewart McLay
            Highland Society of London Correspondence05 December 2006Donald (Livingstone) CLink
               Highland Society of London Correspondence05 December 2006J. Stewart McLay

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage