Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Too Quiet in Here
Posted by: David Wyse Livingston
Date: 14 June 2007

Hello Everyone, I hope everyone is having a good June.

I come here every day and see that no new threads have been added, and there is not a lot of conversations going on in the forum.

So I pose a few questions to everyone to try and get people talking a little.

1.) How many members do we have signed up to this forum?...
Just a rough estimate, no need for exact numbers. This is most likely something only Niall can give us. Just personal curiousity and doesn't play into anything else in this thread. :)

2.) What brought you to the Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum?

3.) Where are you currently in that "quest" (from question #2)?

For my answers, to start it off.

Multiple things brought me here. 

1.) When I joined I knew little of my Clan history, or personal history. I just knew my Grandfather/Grandmother forward. I had no real ties to Scotland or knowledge of my place in lowland/highland clan. So I searched for a Clan website for Livingston and found this site. I found the knowledgable members helpful and enjoyed reading the threads to get a feel for everyone in general.

2.) I also came looking for assistance in finding genealogical information. I thought that a site where all Livingston(e) and McLea/Maclea/MacOnlea could meet I might find someone who has a connection with someone in my family line and make a connection that way. 

To that end...
I currently check into this website daily for any new threads or interesting conversation. As most know I will add my thoughts to almost any discussion, even if it is to add questions. I have really gotten into the history of Scotland but I still try to focus on the genealogical aspects. When I find a new family member in locations like Stirling, Crieff, Dull, I try to find information about that location in that time frame. I go to book stores and look for Scotland Historical books and look in the index for Livingstone or McLea (MacLea/MacOnlea)... I don't find many right off.

I also currently have the Scotlands People searches in an excel Sheet to help further our genealogical search and trying to connect members with other direct line. I have been able to get back to a John Livingstone in Dull Parish, Perth back in the 1780's. I am fascinated because it would have been roughly this time that the name change and location changes would have been happening (see http://www.clanmclea.co.uk/Family_Tree.htm) So even though I have gotten back an impressive 225 years, this to me is just when it starts to get interesting.

I am now moving on to add the other sites search results in to get the clan members who have migrated to Australia/New Zealand, or Canada/US/South America. I can see us all as one huge family and if we go back far enough we will find those ties. I also see a centralized database for members of this site to enter their personal family information and check against to see if anyone else has that same person to build off of.

So what do you think? Want to tell us what brought you here? :)

David

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Too Quiet in Here14 June 2007David Wyse Livingston
   Too Quiet in Here15 June 2007Young Bachuil
   Too Quiet in Here15 June 2007Kyle MacLea
      Too Quiet in Here16 June 2007Keith Livingstone Australia
         Too Quiet in Here16 June 2007David Wyse Livingston
   Too Quiet in Here16 June 2007Andrew Lancaster