Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 21 June 2007

Hi all, 

We do seem sometimes to have different views as to what constitutes Highland Clan McLea. I have mine and you could well have a different perspective. That being the case I thought this note from the Young Bachuil dated May 31,2004 may be helpfull to resolve any possible confusion. 

"The Lord Lyon King of Arms Officially Recognises the Livingstones of Bachuil, Barons of the Bachuil, as head of the Highland Clan McLea. Therefore Bachuil is de facto and de jure chief/head of all Highland McLeas, MacLeas and Maclays and other variants of the spelling. All McLeas therefore have as their Chief Alistair Livingstone of Bachuil. It should be understood that the McLeas are not under any Livingstones as such. It is just that the Chiefly family have anglicised their Gaelic name M'onlea to Livingstone. The Livingstones of Bachuil and all other highland Livingstones are McLeas."

And he then goes on to say that "The McLeas have no direct connection with the lowland Livingstons" 

This is the basis for my own understanding of the clan and I hope it offers some clarity for others. 

regards

Donald (Livingstone) Clink

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?21 June 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?22 June 2007Kari Livingston
      What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?22 June 2007Keith Livingstone Australia
         What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?23 June 2007Kari Livingston
      What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?22 June 2007Young Bachuil
         What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?22 June 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?22 June 2007Young Bachuil
               What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?23 June 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?25 June 2007Andrew Lancaster
         What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?22 June 2007Jill Richmond
            What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?22 June 2007David Wyse Livingston
               What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?23 June 2007Jill Richmond
               What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?25 June 2007Jill Richmond
                  What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?26 June 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                     What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?26 June 2007Kyle MacLea
                     What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?27 June 2007Jill Richmond
                        What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?27 June 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                           What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?28 June 2007Jill Richmond
                              What exactly is Highland Clan McLea?29 June 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage