Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Does anyone use the likes of genes reunited?
Posted by: Jason Livingstone
Date: 03 July 2007

Greetings one and all,

It seems to me as a person yet to embark on the daunting task of tracing the ancestral line that there must be a lot of already trodden ground, made by previous researchers that could be tapped into.

So my question is has or does anyone use the services of some of the on line facilities that offer exchange opportunities of the gene hunting kind.

Indeed if my great granny is your great granny then our great great granddaddy is the same too! And it does seem less than sensible to trawl through all that research all over again if it could only be shared.

It does seem logical that the further back ones travels the more overlap there would be.

Is there perhaps an opportunity for us to share information?

Easy for me to say as I have everthing to gain as I have only the word of mouth research currently written down, from the ancient ones in the family and so much work ahead of me, (incidentally if there are any of you out there who have an ancestor who was a light house keeper around the mid 1800's who travelled south to Ireland and then off the west coast of Pembrokeshire I would be interested!)

Maybe if there was sufficient interest we could set up an exhange database? A clone of the on line offerings. I know there is software available. I would be willing to buy this and donate to the Forum, or outside agent for everyones use and enjoyment.

Just a thought....

Peace to you all.

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Does anyone use the likes of genes reunited?03 July 2007Jason Livingstone
   Does anyone use the likes of genes reunited?03 July 2007David Wyse Livingston
      Does anyone use the likes of genes reunited?06 July 2007Jason Livingstone
         Does anyone use the likes of genes reunited?06 July 2007David Wyse Livingston
            Does anyone use the likes of genes reunited?09 July 2007Jason Livingstone
      Does anyone use the likes of genes reunited?17 July 2007Suzanne Livingstone
   Does anyone use the likes of genes reunited?04 July 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Does anyone use the likes of genes reunited?17 July 2007Suzanne Livingstone

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage