Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Position on the Royal Stuarts
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 16 July 2007

Before I left for the lake there was some agreement that there is great deal pride in the fact that the Highland  Maclea Livingstones were Jacobite particpants in the Battle of Culloden and that Livingstones whose families particpated should receive some special acknowledgement. In discussing the Royal Stuarts however we could reach a consensus on honoring the memory of Charles I and Charles II and the Royal Stuarts. It was pointed out that Charles II for example though a brilliant man and great leader was not favourably inclined towards the Scottish people and I am afraid having been well read on Charles II I would tend to agree with that point of view. In any event discussions hopefully will continue in the future on the Royal Stuarts and the historical position of the Clan MacLea Livingstone on this great Royal family line.

I have been asked about illegimate family lines from Charles II and his many mistresses but apart from names of the Children I dont have a list of descendants. Hopefully I will have that soon if anyone is truly interested. As you may know Charles II's wife Catharine Infanta of Portugual did produce and heir for the prince, but his mistresses gave birth to number of his children. 

Charle's bastard son James Duke of Monmouth might well have taken advantage of the religious and political turmoil in Great Britain to his advantage and have prevented his Uncle James II from attaining the throne, but he was neither clever enough nor had the support of the right people in England to achieve his goal. As it turned out James Duke of Monmouth failed to secure the throne he dreamed of and was executed and his Uncle James II himself a few years later was removed from the throne and was replaced by his daughter Mary and her husband William of Orange himself a Stuart by blood and ancestry. 

Donald

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Position on the Royal Stuarts16 July 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Position on the Royal Stuarts18 July 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage