Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Who is the decider for the Appin Clans?
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 02 October 2007

I am tredding very carefully on this Culloden Battlesite issue. Although I do have my own passionate oppinions about Culloden as many Scots do, I have with a valid reason not rushed to jump into the Battlefield marker frenzy, instead waiting for some sort of consensus to be reached, a cohesive plan to emerge. 

It is my firm belief after much reflection that neither I nor anyone else in our clan can ultimately decide where to go on this issue without the real consensus of all the Clans that made up the Appin Regiment and living descendants of soldiers of the APpin REgiment.

What is required is the establishment of a Multi-Clan working committee made up of legitimate representives of the original Appin Clans. Once established such a committee can discuss, fairly, openly and honestly debate the options and reach a formal decision as to what we would like to see done about the marker as a collective group. 

What is the advantage of such a democratic process for the Appin Clans. The advantage of this "democratic process" is that all oppinions would be considered before any action was taken and no one clan's oppinions would be able to dominate the proceedings.  

As for the people of Appin and Lismore to not have input into some sort of decision making process is not the right the direction to take. I hazzard to guess more than a few of them are decendants or kin to the Appin REgmiment soldiers at Culloden. It is my belief they should somehow be a part of this decision making process. I believe in the end that such a consensus building and inclusive process will all but avoid any one faction or individual from dominating or taking control of the Clan agenda. 

So who will be the decider for the Clans of APpin. Hopefully not you or me, or an appointed or self appointed official, but a democratically inspired, consensus building group of fair minded Clan representatives and ordinary folks from APpin and Lismore. 

Thank-you for your time and consideration. 

regards, 

Donald (Livingstone) Clink  

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Who is the decider for the Appin Clans?02 October 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Who is the decider for the Appin Clans?02 October 2007Craig McClay Wilson
      Who is the decider for the Appin Clans?03 October 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Tour Guide03 October 2007Jerry Schmidt
   Who is the decider for the Appin Clans?03 October 2007Young Bachuil
      Who is the decider for the Appin Clans?03 October 2007Kyle MacLea
         Who is the decider for the Appin Clans?03 October 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Multi-Clan discussions03 October 2007David Wyse Livingston
            Who is the decider for the Appin Clans?04 October 2007Kyle MacLea
         Who is the NTS04 October 2007David Wyse Livingston
            Who is the NTS04 October 2007Kyle MacLea
               Who is the NTS04 October 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                  Who is the NTS04 October 2007Kyle MacLea
                  Who is the NTS04 October 2007David Wyse Livingston

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage