Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: MacLachlans support the cause of the Appin Regiment
Posted by: Kyle MacLea
Date: 13 November 2007

Dear Forum,

I don't have time to go into detail, but I just wanted to let you all know that the Chief of Clan MacLachlan passed my letter on to the Chairman of the Clan MacLachlan Society, Joseph Cairns.  We have their unvarnished support and he has personally contact A. Bennett to include it.  Furthermore, he furnished me with a copy of the current battlefield sketch being distributed at Culloden.  Needless to say, there are ample problems with it, not least of which is the "Stewarts of Appin and MacLarens" listed where "Appin Regiment" should be.  Interestingly, the Atholl Regiment is listed simply as "Athol men" so they are clearly capable of being more ambiguous when they want to.

I will send out a scan of this later in the week.

But for now, I am happy that MacLachlans send their support.

Kyle=

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
MacLachlans support the cause of the Appin Regiment13 November 2007Kyle MacLea
   MacLachlans support the cause of the Appin Regiment13 November 2007Kevin Livingston
      MacLachlans support the cause of the Appin Regiment14 November 2007Kyle MacLea
         MacLachlans support the cause of the Appin Regiment14 November 2007Kevin Livingston
            MacLachlans support the cause of the Appin Regiment15 November 2007Youing Bachuil
      MacLachlans support the cause of the Appin Regiment16 November 2007Kevin Livingston
         MacLachlans support the cause of the Appin Regiment16 November 2007Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Give her enough rope17 November 2007Young Bachuil
            Give her enough rope21 November 2007Kevin Livingston
               Give her enough rope22 November 2007David Wyse Livingston
               Give her enough rope23 November 2007Kevin Livingston

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage