Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Manitoba Livingstons
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 11 May 2008

I have not forgotten the Manitoba, Canada Livingstons of Lord Selkirk's Red River Settlement and in fact have got out the old notes and have launched a new research effort from two archives possibly more. (Thanks also to Mary Somers,Edith Matheson and Jerry Schimdt for contributions to my knowledge of their branch of our Red River Livingston family and the information they made available to me. Hopefully I can return the favour.)

There is actually alot of material out there relating to the Selkirk Settlement including the extensive collection of Lord Selkirk's Papers and Hudson Bay Company records. 

It it interestng to note that we Red River Livingstons would be have been deprived of  a great deal of information about the settlers and the early settlement as would many of the other descendants of  Selkirk's Red River Settlers were it not for an archivist from Canada who went to Scotland in the early 1900's and copied the Selkirk papers. That chap must of have had writers cramp big time. I understand that the originals in Scotland were destroyed by fire in the 1940's.

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Manitoba Livingstons11 May 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Manitoba Livingstons11 May 2008Kyle MacLea

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage