Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Records of the Parliament of Scotland pre-1707
Posted by: Kyle MacLea
Date: 25 May 2008

I saw this website which has interesting old records of the Scots Parliament on it, before Union:

http://www.rps.ac.uk/ 

It has ~366 records of Livingston, 600-some of Livingstone, no MacLea or McLea or anything similar, unless I am not searching correctly.

I didn't really look through all of those hundreds of records, so it is possible that they are of genealogical interest... but of course before the name change, we seem to have mostly records of the lowland Livingston family and also the Livingstones seem to be of groups I'm not familiar with...

Livingstone of Middlebinning
Livingstone of Manerstoune
Elizabeth , countess of Ross
etc.

Given that there are numerous references to , earl of Linlithgow and Callander, for example, it appears that Livingstone must have been occasionally seen as a spelling for the Lowland family as well.

Note that you can search by translation (default) or as originally in the MSS.

Kyle=

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Records of the Parliament of Scotland pre-170725 May 2008Kyle MacLea
   Records of the Parliament of Scotland pre-170725 May 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Records of the Parliament of Scotland pre-170725 May 2008Kyle MacLea
         Records of the Parliament of Scotland pre-170725 May 2008Andrew Lancaster
            Records of the Parliament of Scotland pre-170701 June 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Records of the Parliament of Scotland pre-170702 June 2008Andrew Lancaster

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage