Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: That old question of how to collaborate on the internet and not make a mess
Posted by: Andrew Lancaster
Date: 17 June 2008

Hi everyone

As always I am searching for ways people can work together. I found a genealogy "wiki" which is not gedcom based. 
http://genealogy.wikia.com/

I have nothing against gedcoms as such (I use them also) but perhaps this gives us genealogists a bit more freedom to work in at least one internet environment where we don't have to deal with mass uploads by large numbers of people who are not interested to discuss what they've posted, but who may have simply all copied from the same source.

It will be interesting to see how it evolves, but I think it might be a success eventually. I'm going to start playing with it. Maybe I'll see some of you there!

Regards
Andrew

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
That old question of how to collaborate on the internet and not make a mess17 June 2008Andrew Lancaster
   That old question of how to collaborate on the internet and not make a mess18 June 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   References19 June 2008Bachuil
      References19 June 2008Andrew Lancaster
         References20 June 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   That old question of how to collaborate on the internet and not make a mess23 June 2008Kyle MacLea
      That old question of how to collaborate on the internet and not make a mess25 June 2008Andrew Lancaster

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage