Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Here's one for the clan mythology experts
Posted by: Andrew Lancaster
Date: 02 May 2005

Hello all.

If you look on Rob's DNA page you will notice the group which includes a Livingstone, 2 Maclays, 3 Wilsons, A Fergie and a Furry. After consulting Black, I think the Furry might also be descended from a Fergie/Fergus.

Is there any branch of the Maclay or Livingstone history where a family might have included patriarchs who were Fergus and/or William?

The Fergie thinks his ancient roots lie in Stirlingshire, as does one of the Wilsons - though I understand they have paper trails that stop in Lothian and Refrewshire respectively.

My own Livingstones seem to come from Strathmore in Perthshire and Angus.

Maclay seems to me to be a spelling found whereever gaelic was being transcribed for the benefit of English speakers, generally on the edges of the highlands therefore, such as in Stirlingshire and Perthshire. The spelling might also have been taken up in similar situations in America, England and Ireland.

Best Regards
Andrew

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Here's one for the clan mythology experts02 May 2005Andrew Lancaster
   Here's one for the clan mythology experts03 May 2005Donald Livingstone Clink
      Here's one for the clan mythology experts03 May 2005Andrew Lancaster
         Here's one for the clan mythology experts05 May 2005Donald Livingstone Clink
            Here's one for the clan mythology experts06 May 2005Donald Livingstone Clink
            Here's one for the clan mythology experts06 May 2005Keith Livingstone Australia
               Here's one for the clan mythology experts06 May 2005Andrew Lancaster
               McLea and Viking blood07 May 2005Young Bachuil
                  McLea and Viking blood09 May 2005Donald Livingstone Clink
                     McLea and Viking blood09 May 2005Andrew Lancaster
                        McLea and Viking blood09 May 2005Donald Livingstone Clink
            Here's one for the clan mythology experts06 May 2005Andrew Lancaster
               Here's one for the clan mythology experts07 May 2005Keith Livingstone Australia
                  Here's one for the clan mythology experts07 May 2005Rob Livingston

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage