Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Cape Breton Livingtones
Posted by: Roberta Ann Livingstone
Date: 01 December 2008

Good day Donald; firstly, thanks for your memory.
I have this 1826, grantee Livingstone, Angus
Petition to Kempt: Petitioner is a native of Scotland, age 53, is married and has eight children.  He received from Gov. Ainslie a lot on Great Bras d'Or where he was the first settler.  He served in the navy on the Royal George and also in the local Militia.  He asks a grant of 100 acres conferred on him and of another 100 acres on the outside of the fishing lots.  Note:  approved.

I also have this from a list that I gleaned from Rob 1488, in 2003.

From Livingstone Births in the Parishes of Kilninian & Kilmore, 1766-1847

Angus Levingston and Christian Cameron

John 26 Dec 1773, Hugh 15 oct 1776, Lauchlan 02 Jun 1779, Duncan 06 Jul 1782, Mary 10 Oct 1784, Duncan 17 Jun 1787. Place of births-Sorne.

1820, Livingsone Angus 
Petition to Ainslie: Petitioner, a native of Scotland is married and has eight children.  He has lived in Cape Breton since September 1819.  He served in the navy.  He asks a lot on the west side of Bouladerie. Note: recommended.  Name,``Kilninian``

1817, Livingstone, Angus
Petition to Ainslie: Petitioner emigrated with his father`s family from Scotland to Nova Scotia 23 years ago.  He has a vessel employed in the fishery on the shore of Nova Scotia and Cape Breton.  He asks lots 2 & 3 in the north Block B, Town of Hawksbury or Ship Harbour.  Note:  granted.

Then there is Lachlan Livingstone, 1820
Petition to Ainslie:  Petitioner, age 21, a native of Scotland is married and has one child.  Has lived in Cape Breton about four months.  He asks a lot on the south side of the Great Bras d Or. Note: recommended. Name ``Frackit Hill``
Then there is this:
1825, Livingstone, Archibald
Petition to Wallace: Petitioner is a native of Scotland, age 21, single, asks a lot on the north side of Bouldaderie near the entrance of the Bras d Or.  The lot was formerly located to petitioners brother, Lachlan, who resigned it and has gone to Europe. Note: A fisher`s lot, 100 acres.  Approved. 

I wish I was as good as you, Donald, in connecting the dots.

Best regards;

Roberta

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Cape Breton Livingtones01 December 2008Roberta Ann Livingstone
   Cape Breton Livingtones01 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage