Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered
Posted by: Jewel Brown
Date: 13 December 2008

Hi Kyle, So we have Duncan Livingston's father Angus arriving in New York City in 1842. I think we can set Angus Livingston aside as Duncan was the only child and had no children. 
  So that leaves us with looking further into Angus's Uncle John L in New York.  Mary Livingston Boyd does have descendants in Oneida County N.Y. ( the Healy family who she is living with in 1860) but that is not a male line of descendants, so we can set her aside also.
  And Sarah Livingston Burke's family are not going to be of help in finding a male line either.
So from what we have, the only male line would be John Livingston age 77 in the 1850 Census for ONeida County, N.Y. I put out a couple enquiries for this John in some Oneida County research lists but have heard nothing back as of yet. 
  I need to find the 1840 census for Oneida County to see if I can find this John and see if there are any other family members with him.
  Then we move to Ohio, where Angus resided. As I said, Angus we can set aside, but in Ohio living with Angus in 1850 we have his brothers, Archart, who doesn't show up again in later census in Ohio. Then there is Duncan age38 and John age 37.
I don't have this family for the 1860 census (yet) but they appear in the 1870 census for Scioto Ohio still living with Angus & Margaret, Duncan 20, John 61, Duncan 64. 

In 1880 census for Scioto, angus is not listed, but his wife Margaret is living with John age84 and Duncan age 70. 

My feeling about John & Duncan Livingston is that they didn't marry, which means probablly no descendants to look for from them. 

So I think from what we have here so far is no male desendants from this Ohio Livingston family (accept for Duncan)

So unless John Livingston in New York, Oneida county married and had children  you might not have a male line to do DNA testing.

I just like to go through the information that I have to keep it straigt in my head.  I don't want to confuse the Ohio Livingstons and the Illinois Livingston's.  It is very easy to do.

Just a question Kyle, Is it possible to do DNA testing on the dead?  I'm not a scientist and ask this with respect.   Has anyone ever done this for genealogy purposes? I don't mean to be offensive and at the risk of sounding stupid I was just curious. 

Jewel

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered06 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered06 December 2008Roberta Ann Livingstone
      Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered06 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered09 December 2008Donald ( Livingstone) Clink
   Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered06 December 2008Jewel Brown
      Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered06 December 2008Kyle MacLea
         Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered06 December 2008Jewel Brown
      Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered06 December 2008Jill Richmond
      Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered09 December 2008Donald ( Livingstone) Clink
         Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered10 January 2009Jewel Brown
         Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered10 December 2008Jewel Brown
   Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered06 December 2008Bachuil
      Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered06 December 2008Kyle MacLea
         Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered07 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered07 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Bachuil and Achnacree09 December 2008Bachuil
            Bachuil and Achnacree09 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Robert & Ann LIVINGSTONE, Savary Farm, 185103 July 2009Daryl Povey
            Robert & Ann LIVINGSTONE, Savary Farm, 185103 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Robert & Ann LIVINGSTONE, Savary Farm, 185104 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Robert & Ann LIVINGSTONE, Savary Farm, 185104 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Robert & Ann LIVINGSTONE, Savary Farm, 185105 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
            Robert & Ann LIVINGSTONE, Savary Farm, 185105 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
   Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered09 December 2008Jewel Brown
      Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered09 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered10 June 2009Lea Astrid Smits
            Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered10 June 2009Kyle MacLea
      Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered09 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered09 December 2008Jewel Brown
            Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered10 December 2008Kyle MacLea
            Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered10 December 2008Jewel Brown
               Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered11 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered12 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                  Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered12 December 2008Jewel Brown
                     Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered13 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                        Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered13 December 2008Kyle MacLea
                           Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered13 December 2008Jewel Brown
                              Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered13 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                                 Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered14 December 2008Jewel Brown
                                    Duncan Livingstone of Ohio Rediscovered14 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   PDF Version of Biography Available21 January 2009Kyle MacLea

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage