Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: A Morvern McLea in Rothesay, Bute
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 24 December 2008

Hi all,

I think Kyle might find this interesting.
Although it has been suspected that Archibald McLea b. 1778 at Rothesay, Bute of Rothesay, Bute and the other McLeas are connected to McLea remnants of the old Lindsaig, Argyll McLeas I was surprised to find one other Rothesay, Bute oldtimer Daniel McLea born about 1777 at Morvern in Argyll adjacent to the Isle of Lismore. If this is truly a Morven Maclea then it would be only one I have found in the records whose family apparently retained the old name Mclea. It also begs the question where did old Archibald ancestors come from the Linsaig Mcleas and their people or from the Western Argyll Morvern McLeas? Or is old Daniel Mclea just a stray who has nothing to do with old Archibald McLea and the other Rothesay, McLeas? I leave you all with this mystery. 

P.S. Sorry I called him Duncan McLea earlier. I meant to say Daniel McLea. Sorry about that. 

regards, 

Donald

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
A Morvern McLea in Rothesay, Bute24 December 2008Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   A Morvern McLea in Rothesay, Bute31 December 2008Kyle MacLea
      A Morvern McLea in Rothesay, Bute31 December 2008Donald (Liviingstone) Clink
      A Morvern McLea in Rothesay, Bute01 January 2009Craig McClay Wilson
         A Morvern McLea in Rothesay, Bute09 January 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Two Groups of McLeas in Rothesay, Bute10 January 2009Kyle MacLea
      A Morvern McLea in Rothesay, Bute09 January 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage