Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: James Livingston
Posted by: Jewel Brown
Date: 14 March 2009

I stumbled across a James Livingston b. abt 1776 in Scotland.  John Livingstone died in Cook County,Chicago Illinois on Dec. 11 1863 at the age of 87 and 4 months. 

Wife Christine,born Scotland d.January 27,1873 and 9 months in Cook County,Chicago,Ill, 

Margaret and Ellen (twins) b.abt.1832, Scotland,

Catherine b. 1834 Nova Scotia, 

John & Harriet (twins b.abt. 1836 Nova Scotia.

John Livingston and family are listed in the 1860 census for Cook County, Chicago Illinois. In the 1870 census for Cook County, Chicago Illinois wife Christine is living with son John Livingston.

As this is a rather early birth for a Livingston in Scotland I thought it might be helpful to someone.

There was also a Robert and Annie Livingston, born Nova Scotia abt.1820 (parents born Scotland) with children, James, Anna, Christina, Mary Ellen,Daniel, John, and Robert. This family went from Nova Scotia to Massachusetts to Chicago, Ill.  I would say this family is Prsesbyterian as the daughter Anna died Nov.21,1878 and was buried in a Presbyterian cemetery.

The obit for James Livingston  did not give parents names, only said copy to Nova Scotia, and I haven't been able to find that.

My compliments to all of the good research that is being done on the forum.

Cheers, Jewel

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage