Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Tips and tricks for searching Scotlands People records
Posted by: Virginia Adams
Date: 15 March 2009

I have a 60 pounds credit left on the Scotland's People website and I have another Ancestor search to do based in Scotland. My Grandmother's family name is WATT.  I literally have no information to go on except the birth record of my great granfather which indicates his parents names.

I want to maximize the spending of my money as it
is an unusual site the way they charge to view the records.  Since all of you seem to be very proficient in obtaining information from this site, I would greatly appreciate any tips that you use to garner the knowledge you need without it costing an arm and leg...As always, thanks for all your help already

I have located the 1861 Census which lists the family showing my Great grandfather as 13 years old.  I am certain that it is them as the parish of Rathen is where he came from, plus the parents name are correct.  Obviously, I will start with a search of the father and mothers birth, marriage etc.  ..vka 

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Tips and tricks for searching Scotlands People records15 March 2009Virginia Adams
   Tips and tricks for searching Scotlands People records16 March 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Tips and tricks for searching Scotlands People records16 March 2009Kyle MacLea

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage