Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones
Posted by: Lesley
Date: 27 June 2009

Hi,

I have been looking for the Livingstones in my family for a wee while now and wonder if anyone can join up the dots at all for me!

My great-grandfather was called Peter Duncan Livingstone,born 8/3/1878, one of at least 10 children born to Adam Livingstone and Margaret Bulloch.  Adam was born in 1836(?)to Alexander L. and Janet or Jessie Hay, who had four children I think. Those generations lived in Paisley.  Alexander was the seventh child of John L. and Bridget Holm(e)s of Inveraray and Glenaray and is recorded as being born on the 28/3/1789 in that parish, although he himself states that Lismore was his birthplace when he claimed poor relief. John may be the son of Malcolm L.and Mary McNuire, although none of JL and BH's children bore the name of Malcolm so I'm a little unsure about that.

Has anybody any connections to my family? I can give more details of siblings and dates of the family from JL and BH on, but I don't know much about earlier generations or what made the family move to Paisley, where they seemed to struggle.  The Livingstones, John, Alexander and Adam were nail-makers. Peter Duncan Livingstone was a stonemason.
Any information most welcome.

Lesley

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones27 June 2009Lesley
   Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones28 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones28 June 2009Lesley
         Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones29 June 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
            Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones29 June 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
               Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones30 June 2009Lesley
            Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones29 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones29 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones30 June 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
         Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones30 June 2009Jewel Brown
            Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones30 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones30 June 2009lesley
                  Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones01 July 2009Lesley
                     Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones01 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones27 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage