Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 30 June 2009

Hi All,

I did not find any further info on another Adam Livingstone's connection to the Bachuil Livingston family. The Adam Livingston who was married Mary Mccorquodale and whose eldest son John was baptised in 1805 had a couple of children baptise when they were living at Bachuil. Whether that means they have a Bachuil Livingstone family connection I cannot prove. 

This Adam Livingstone was born sometime in the 1770's or perhaps the 1780's on the Isle of Lismore i would assume. If he was a Bachuil Livingstone he might have been a son of  Baron Duncan (Maclea)Livingstone who was probably the famous clan name changer from Maclea. But the only son of Duncan recorded in the tree that I have seen is his son and heir John who following his death became the next Baron. Its anyone's guess who the other sons of Baron Duncan were but it is certainly conceivable that this particular Adam was a son of Duncan and that Duncans grandson Baron Coll Livingstone also named his son Adam baptised in 1828 after this earlier Adam Livingstone. Hopefully you follow my train of thought on this. So what am really saying. I am saying that if Leslie's family has any Lismore connection then it is within the rhelm of possiblity that they could be Bachuil Livingstones.

If Leslie were a Livingstone he could take a DNA test and with his male Y Livingstone DNA we could prove whether or not his Livingstone ancestors were a match with all the Bachuil Livingstones that have been tested. IF his father was not a Livingstone then he could try and find a Livingstone male cousin who would be willing to be tested such as I have done. Just an idea.

regards, 

Donald

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones27 June 2009Lesley
   Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones28 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones28 June 2009Lesley
         Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones29 June 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
            Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones29 June 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
               Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones30 June 2009Lesley
            Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones29 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones29 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones30 June 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
         Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones30 June 2009Jewel Brown
            Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones30 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones30 June 2009lesley
                  Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones01 July 2009Lesley
                     Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones01 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Paisley/Inveraray Livingstones27 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage