Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Duncan Livingston & Catharine MacNicol
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 30 June 2009

Hi Virginia,

Went back to the public library today checked the old baptismal record for Peter Livingston of Port Appin and the microfilm machine gave me a sharper image when I refocuses it. With a good eye I could today clearly see McNico the rest Duncan Livingston and Catharine is clear. So there is little doubt that in the old record from 1796 that the original transcriber wrote McNicol and the col became difficult to read in part of I am looking at microfilm of the original dark at the edges  and the fact that the original was itself darkened at the edges making it very difficult to read beyond McN and impossible to make out the the last letter l. But I could clearly decern McNico today. With a photocopy of course it is little darker and less sharp and you can just make out McNic and a what looks like a o. So little doubt in my mind that Duncan Livingston and Catharine McNicol are the parents of your ancestor Peter,just wanted to read it as clearly as possible on the microfilm original from the old 18th century Appin baptismal records. I made you a photocopy and I will get it to you eventually. 

I also took another look the baptism of Donald Livingston would took place on the Island of Lismore earlier in 1793 parents also Duncan Livingston and Catharine McNicol. The name of the village is at least quite sharp and legible. Looks like Fir in lachan to me much as earlier noted by a previous transcriber. So far no Fir in lachan but suspicions are that it is a bad mispelling of Tirlaggan on the Isle of Lismore. 

regards, 

Donald

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Duncan Livingston & Catharine MacNicol25 June 2009Virginia Adams
   Duncan Livingston & Catharine MacNicol25 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Duncan Livingston & Catharine MacNicol27 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Duncan Livingston & Catharine MacNicol27 June 2009Virginia Adams
   Duncan Livingston & Catharine MacNicol27 June 2009Pat Gill
      Duncan Livingston & Catharine MacNicol28 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Duncan Livingston & Catharine MacNicol28 June 2009Virginia Adams
            Duncan Livingston & Catharine MacNicol28 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Duncan Livingston & Catharine MacNicol30 June 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Duncan Livingston & Catharine MacNicol02 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage