Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry
Posted by: Barry Judson
Date: 08 July 2009

Hi All

I have yet to hear from the Archives about whether my documents are ready yet. I'll just have to dropin and see if they have done them yet. 

So the Catherine we are looking for was probably born in the same time frame as Colin...somewhere around 1818 and she was still alive in 1892. It said in the deed that she was Catherine of Forest Hill, but none of the census documents support this. Interesting too is the atlas of PEI for 1881 shows the 100 acres in Forest Hill as occupied by 50 acres for John Livingstone and 50 acres for Angus Livingstone and the deed in 1892 doesn't support this. It showed Angus getting the entire 100 acres in the deed from Catherine. 

I suspect that John Senior of Mull may have spent a short time on PEI before moving to Cape Breton and that is why there is the close association with the PEI connection. The most likely location for graves for my Catherine and Colin is in the Whycocomagh area of Cape Breton. Has anyone had the opportunity to go to the cemeteries in Cape Breton? This is the summer of weddings for me....I'm afraid i won't get to Cape Breton this year.

Also I notice in my research there are some Livingstone's listed as Baptist, some Presbyterian, and the larger percentage Church of Scotland. Is there any relationship between their denomination and the area of Scotland they are from associated with the denomination? I suspect that the Colonsay Livingstone's in the Murray river area have a strong Baptist persuasion. Is this common for the Colonsay Livingstone's? 

I had an interesting find in the census documents. Colin's daughter, Mary married John Martin of Dundas. I found her as a widow in the census documents living across or next to her brother Angus in Upton. It lists all of her children and their ages. 

Roberta noticed the family of John and Catherine (Campbell) Livingstone in Scotland too. The birth dates for John, colin and Alexander on the mull website match with their mull and whycocomagh census birthdates. I have been trying to trace the rest of this family to possible matches in Canada and the US. My Livingstone family has always had strong ties over the years to Massachusetts, with exended family living there and moving there, remembered by my mother from when she was a girl.

Just my thoughts after working all night....now off to bed.

Barry

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry02 July 2009Barry Judson
   Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry02 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry03 July 2009Barry Judson
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry03 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry03 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry07 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry07 July 2009Barry Judson
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry07 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry08 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Barry Judson
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
            Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry14 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry14 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                     Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                        Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                           Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Barry Judson
                              Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                              Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry08 July 2009Barry Judson
            Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry09 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry09 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry09 July 2009Barry Judson
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry10 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry10 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry10 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry11 July 2009Barry Judson
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry11 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                     Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Barry Judson
                           Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Barry Judson

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage