Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 09 July 2009

Hi Roberta, 

Thats old Kate of nearby Mull River where she lived until she died. See my earlier posting from way back when on Old Kate. The locals thought she had special powers and was some kind of witch. When she died they covered all the mirrors in her house.

Dr. St. Clairs mother attended the wake which took place in her home. He is related to her.The fact that she is buried at nearby Whycocomagh pretty much supports my theory that her husband John Jr. who died about 1860 was an older brother of the farmer Alexander Livingston of Whycocomagh and ultimately the brother of Barry's ancestor Colin Livingston also a one time residence of Whycocomagh. I think it was the case of two Livingston brothers marrying two Livingston sisters as Dr. St. Clair pointed out that OLd Kate b.1807 or 1808 had a younger sister Annie that was married to Alexander Livingston of Whycocomagh. 

I passed on the info you found on the Mull 1744 Census to the Baron and he was quite interested. I dont think he had seen it before. 

In a few weeks I will find out whether or not my Livingston ancestors were related to your Livingston ancestors. Right now there is some possibility that we may have shared the same ancestor several centuries ago in Western Argyll or Ireland but the results of the 67 marker test results will be much more precise. As Mull and the Morvern ancestral homeland of my Livingston ancestor are beside each other there is chance that some the Mull Livingstons tested and those from Morvern may be a close match or a match. Dont know until more Mull and Movern Livingtons are tested to be sure but we will see what happens with this test. 

regards, 

Donald

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry02 July 2009Barry Judson
   Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry02 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry03 July 2009Barry Judson
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry03 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry03 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry07 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry07 July 2009Barry Judson
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry07 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry08 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Barry Judson
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
            Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry14 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry14 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                     Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                        Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                           Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Barry Judson
                              Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                              Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry08 July 2009Barry Judson
            Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry09 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry09 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry09 July 2009Barry Judson
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry10 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry10 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry10 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry11 July 2009Barry Judson
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry11 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                     Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Barry Judson
                           Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Barry Judson

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage