Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 11 July 2009

It is too early to be entirely certain but preliminary results from DNA testing suggests that the Maclea ancestors of highland Livingstones that resided for a few hundred years or more in the Mull and neighbouring Morvern area in Western Argyllshire are a distinct closely related group. 

Three possible scenarios regarding the Mull/Morvern Maclea/Livingstones presented themselves to me and this certainly was one of them and perhaps the most logical when I think of it. It is also clear that other local families several centuries like Mull/Morvern McLeans, McGillverarys and others did not adopt themselves into this distinct Mull/Morvern McLeas group or some of these other old families would show up a close match to the Mull/Morvern McLeas. They dont at least with this particular group. In next few weeks I will be able to know for certain if what I am seeing in the initial test results hold true in the more exacting tests for this specific Mull/Morvern group of Maclea/Livingstone descendants. 

More DNA testing of Mull and Morvern Maclea-Livingstone descendants will help to define this Mull/Morvern group  and other Western Argyll Maclea Livingstones with greater clarity and better indentify the families within it.  

regards, 

Donald

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related11 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related11 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
         Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Jewel Brown
            Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related13 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
               Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related13 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage