Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 12 July 2009

Hi Roberta, 

McGillverarys are a very old family in the Morvern and Mull area. The point I was making about the old local families is the DNA test seem to confirm a very old Maclea Livingston family group that is Maclea to be sure and not an adopted family from the area. Just because a Maclea is named Maclea doesnt mean the ancestor was a Maclea or just because a Campbell is named Campbell doesnt mean that their ancestor was Campbell. There is always the possibility of ancient adoption would royally mess up the whole process. Fortunately this does not appear to be the case with your ancestor and mine. By this I am refering to your ancestor and mine the results from the DNA test of Mull Livingstons including yours and my Morvern Livingston cousin. Just thought you would be interested in the latest exciting DNA results regarding Mull and Morvern Maclea Livingstons. Once we get more of the Mull and Morvern Livingstons this will become more clear but this is definitely a good start. IT seems quite likely that a number of the Cape BReton Livingstones with Mull origin will match up with you and in addition possibly my Livingston family from Morvern. 

regards, 

Donald

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related11 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related11 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
         Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Jewel Brown
            Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related13 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
               Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related13 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage