Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related
Posted by: Jewel Brown
Date: 12 July 2009

Hello Donald,

In your previous post you mention the McGillverarys.  As my GGG Grandfather, John Livingstone  had a son John(b.1807)who was married to Ann McGillivray which is a different spelling of the one you mention. Ann was the son of John McGillivray and Mary Oram.  John was the son of a Donald McGillivray who was born 1748 in Scotland and died in Mullin's Brook,Low Point Nova Scotia, in 1823. Donald was married to Christina Fraser, the daughter of Colin Fraser.

My question is, do you think these are  different families or just a variation of the same name?  I've seen a few different spellings such as McGillivary, McGillivray and the one you mentioned McGillverary.

Jewel

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related11 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related11 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
         Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related12 July 2009Jewel Brown
            Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related13 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
               Mull and Neighbouring Morvern Maclea/Livingstones related13 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage