Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry
Posted by: Donald (Livingstone) Clink
Date: 14 July 2009

HI Roberta, 

Not to worry. Colin died in 1867 in PEI near where his two sons were living a native of whycocomagh, Inverness County according to the PEI obituary Barry was fortunate to locate. Then recently the Beaton Institute found Colin or Coleen Livingston as a householder in the 1861 Whycocomagh Census. I think that Dr. St. Clair must have not of had that record unfortunately. 

Do you have access to the complete 1891 record? So she lived in Lot 30 Queens County, PEI. I wonder if she is in the 1901 Census? I wonder if Barry has checked the PEI death records? SHe should be in there somewhere you would think. Who did she live with in 1891 and was she was the principal householder or was she living with someone else? Sorry for all the questions. 

By the way one of the Livingstons matching up with you and my cousin Lloyd Livingston (not your John Lloyd) is a descendant of a Livingston that settled in North Carolina in the late 1700's I knew about the highlanders settling in North Carolina in the 1700's but have not had a chance to connect with Livingstons in this part of the world. I hope to do more research in this area as there appears to be highland Livingston descendants there. 

The fact that a group of Livingstons are at least at the 25 marker level a close match to your John Lloyd and my cousin Lloyd indicates at the very least a specific highland group of Maclea Livingstones and Andrew agrees with me on this point, although we have to see how Miles Livingstone's descendant matches up at the 37 and 67 marker level. This may well narrow down thing and we may find fewer Livingstones a close match but we just have to wait a couple of weeks and see. I am encouraged that likely in the last 400 years or so all of these five or six Livingstons may have shared the same common ancestor somewhere in Western Argyllshire possibly as Macleas. I was glad to see in the early stages of testing at least that my cousin was matching up with known highland Livingstone descendants. In fact almost all that were a close match were Livingstons or Livingstones. 

regards, 

Donald

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry02 July 2009Barry Judson
   Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry02 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry03 July 2009Barry Judson
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry03 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry03 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
   Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry07 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry07 July 2009Barry Judson
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry07 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry08 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Barry Judson
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
            Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry14 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry14 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                     Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                        Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
                           Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry15 July 2009Barry Judson
                              Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                              Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
      Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry08 July 2009Barry Judson
            Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry09 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry09 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
            Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry09 July 2009Barry Judson
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry10 July 2009Roberta Ann Livingstone
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry10 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
         Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry10 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
               Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry11 July 2009Barry Judson
                  Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry11 July 2009Donald (Livingstone) Clink
                     Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry13 July 2009Barry Judson
                           Beaton Institute, Colin Livingston Inquiry16 July 2009Barry Judson

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage