Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: McLea and Livingston
Posted by: Kyle MacLea
Date: 27 September 2005

Dear forum,

I just wanted to send a note to the list, because during a recent research session I came across a McLea-Livingston connection which may or may not be coincidental.  Still, I figured I'd share it.

I was looking at some McLea 1891 Census returns for Glasgow.
(To be more specific:  Civil parish of Govan, Quoad Sacra parish of St. Bernards, School board district and Parliamentary and Municipal burgh of Glasgow, Parliamentary division of Blackfriars & Hutchesontown, 14th Ward)

I found, living in 1891, at 131 Rose Street, a family of McLeas which are related to me:  John McLea, his wife Susan Brown McLea nee Brechin, previously McCallum, living with their family.  John, an upholsterer (like a lot of this family), was born in Glasgow.

In the same house at 131 Rose Street was another family.  James Livingston and his wife and son.  James, who was a Hair Dresser, was also born in Glasgow.

So, it would seem that there is a possibility of there being some family relationship or affiliation between Livingston and my McLea family, even as late as 1891, in Glasgow.  This is only instance I have seen of this in my family, but it is interesting to see nonetheless.

Thought I would share.
Kyle

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage