Clan CrestThe Clan McLea/Livingstone Forum

Code of
Conduct
Title: Crest Tartan et al - what to do?
Posted by: Jason Livingstone
Date: 22 December 2005

Hello all, Some advice needed. With the swelling of ancestral pride I have been looking at purchasing some items with clan crests etc, and now I need some guidance. When looking at the shopping link and selecting "our" clan crest I am presented with the "si je puis" crest and not the "Cnoc Aingel" one. Also the tartans are myriad with Stewart of Appin etc thrown in for good measure, and basically I am overwhelmed and under knowledged! Help. For those of us who are confident that our roots began in Lismore, can we use the commercially available "Si Je Puis"? Or is the "Cnoc Aingel" avaialble? Some of the commercial sites offering crests etc list this as the lowland Livingstone crest so I am now befuddled! My intnetion is to purchase some tasteful items to remember the links with the past but am now reticent to do so for fear of revering the wrong crest and tartan. In essence my question is "Which crest and tartan should a descendent of the highland Livingstones be looking to purchase?" Over to you more learned souls, with thanks for any guidance given.

** This Thread has ended - Please do NOT attempt to resurrect it! **

Replies

Title:Date:Posted By:
Crest Tartan et al - what to do?22 December 2005Jason Livingstone
   Our Crest Badges are in production22 December 2005Young Bachuil
      Our Crest Badges are in production22 December 2005Jason Livingstone
         Tartan is a Highland Grab22 December 2005Young Bachuil
      Our Crest Badges are in production20 January 2006Jason Livingstone
         Are the HighlandCrest Badges in production ?01 February 2006Jason Livingstone
            Are the HighlandCrest Badges in production ?01 February 2006Kyle MacLea
               Crest Badges01 February 2006Young Bachuil
                  Crest Badges05 February 2006Jason Livingstone
                     Crest Badges29 January 2007Jason Livingstone
                        Crest Badges and I pose a question.08 February 2007jason livingstone
                           Getting there08 February 2007Young Bachuil
                              Getting there10 February 2007jason Livingstone

Return to Main Listings     Return to ANZ Listings     Return to Homepage